50 Years of Community Engagement
Civic Minded Couple
- Wrote regular letters to Alderman, and MPP with concerns and suggestions.
- Campaign Managers and advisors for Mayor Ross Archer's 3 elections, between 1977 and 1988. Prominent issues were waterfront, sewage treatments plant, population growth planning and economic development.
- Wilma was Chairman of the Board for the City of Barrie "Project 125" during 1976 and 1977 to assist with Barrie's Future Plan and Population Growth forecast. The Committee consisted of Mayor Ross Archer, Aldermen,
Planners and businessmen Bert Cook and Arch Brown.
Wilma and Flory served as directors for many service clubs and organizations:
Chamber of Commerce
- Downtown Improvement Board of Management
- Consumer Association
As a young business professional, Ian was introduced to The Rotary Club of Barrie by Scott Elliott of The Sarjeant Co. Scott has a long-standing strong connection to the Pavlik Family, and as a dedicated
Rotarian saw the opportunity for Ian to get involved early in his career.
When Ian joined the Rotary Club of Barrie in 1997, he was the youngest member by 20+ years. As a committed Rotarian, Ian has participated in all of the major fundraising events, many of the social activities and contributed
to the Vocational, Environmental and International committees.
Rotary Club of Barrie
He has chaired and made major contributions to a number of Rotary fundraising events:
- Fun Run Chair 2001
- Rotary Auction 1997 - 2011
- Fun Run Chair 2018, 2019
Ian served as the President of the Rotary Club of Barrie in 2012. He has also received 2 Paul Harris Awards for Community Service and Financial Contributions to the Club.
In Ian's youth he was a Professional Ski Racer, retiring from racing in 1991, he took up coaching elite youth Athletes. His interest in technology took his career in another direction, but his desire to support local sport was
He volunteered to help the Special Olympics Chapter in Barrie with Fundraising activities and soon became a strong advocate and supporter of Athletes with an intellectual disability. In 1998, he joined the Blue
Mountain Special Olympics Ski Team as a technical ski coach. In 2005, he became the Head Coach for the Special Olympics Barrie Snow Dawgs Team, while coaching with the Blue Mountain Team!
Ian continues to support Special Olympics in fundraising efforts and as Alpine Skiing Technical Advisor for Special Olympics Ontario.
He has supported athletes at all levels of development, from the local club to Provincial Team athletes as well as Team Canada athletes going to World Winter Games.
- 2004, Head Coach for Team Ontario Ski Team attending Special Olympics Canada National Games in PEI.
- 2005, Head Coach for Team Canada Ski Team attending the Special Olympics World Winter Games in Nagano Japan.
- 2008, Head Coach for Team Ontario Ski Team attending National Games in Quebec City.
Ian was acknowledged for his contributions to coaching athletes with intellectual disabilities through a number of prestigious awards:
- 2005, Petro Canada Coaching Award
- 2007, Coach of the Year for Special Olympics Blue Mountain, Special Olympics Ontario and Special Olympics Canada
As a company, pavliks.com contributes to community groups through sponsorship of fundraising events, supporting community activities and participating on civic and agency committees.
Some of our annual commitments have been to:
IOOF Seniors Home, Young at Heart Ride
Simcoe Newcomer Recognition Awards
Rotary Fun Run
Rotary Festival of Trees
Kempenfelt Rotary Golf Tournament
Our mandate for community support is to "think global and act local".